For more than a decade, the App Store editorial team has selected the best apps and games of the year from the App Store Awards, spotlighting a wide range of developers, from individual app developers to large international teams.
iPhone App of the Year Finalists
The iPhone App of the Year finalists helped users discover new ways to explore and learn new skills:
- AllTrailshelp the world find its way out.
- Duolingoto make learning accessible to all.
- Flightwhich allows travelers to arrive on time and avoid stress at the airport.
iPhone Game of the Year Finalists
The finalists in the “iPhone game of the year” category invited players to experience new adventures with rich graphics on the iPhone:
- Afterplacedesigned to create a retro role-playing game with intuitive controls.
- Honkai: Star Trekdesigned to create a fantasy space adventure with cinematic animation.
- The surviving vampiresfor inspiring a new action game genre dishonest.
iPad App of the Year Finalists
The iPad of the Year finalists have helped users use their creativity in a variety of media:
- Conceptsfor creating innovative drawing tools and dynamic color palettes.
- DaVinci Resolveto create a more portable video editing experience.
- Ready for makeupdesigned to bring makeup design to life for all beauty enthusiasts.
Finalists for iPad Game of the Year
The finalists in the “iPad Game of the Year” category delighted players with visual storytelling, intuitive controls and absurd obstacles:
- Egg partyfor creating whimsical and joyful experiences for consumers.
- Lost in the gamethanks to the charming graphics and gameplay for all ages.
- Pocket City 2which invites players to create according to their imagination.
Mac App of the Year Finalists
Mac App of the Year finalists inspired user focus and creativity:
- Linearity curvecreating innovative design tools for professionals and aspiring designers.
- Photographerdesigned to speed up and simplify your photo editing workflow.
- Portaldesigned to immerse users in beautiful scenery and surround sound.
Finalists for Mac Game of the Year
The finalists in the Mac Game of the Year category offered rich storylines and graphics:
- ELEX IIwhich transports players to a dynamic world of science fiction.
- Melas Pfor the fluidity of the gameplay and the alternative version of the classic tale.
- Return to Monkey Islandfor inspiring the legendary point-and-click adventure.
Apple Watch Program of the Year Finalists
The Apple Watch App of the Year finalists made it even easier for users to access all the information they need right from their wrist:
- To planto intelligently help users focus on their tasks.
- SmartGymcreate smart, targeted workouts regardless of skill level.
- Flood Guideto provide real-time marine conditions for water enthusiasts.
Apple TV Program of the Year Finalists
The finalists for the Apple TV Program of the Year brought amazing experiences to the biggest home screen:
- Bugsnaxfor capturing the mystery and charm of the game.
- FitOnoffering a variety of workouts with popular trainers and celebrities.
- MUBI MUBIfor home delivery of quality cinema.
Finalists for Apple Arcade Game of the Year
The finalists for Apple’s Arcade Game of the Year provided endless entertainment this year:
- Views of the citydesigned to inspire players with a lasting and rewarding touch.
- Hello Kitty Island Adventurefor players to embark on a grand adventure with fascinating creatures.
- stitchto make the meditative art of embroidery accessible to more users.
Cultural Impact Finalists
Through their powerful missions, the finalists in the Cultural Impact category encouraged new ways to connect and celebrate the diversity and wonder of the world.
- Balanceto make menopause support more inclusive and accessible to all.
- Second pilotsimplify personal finances.
- The endencourage players to focus on environmental impact.
- Find Hanato connect women of all generations through games.
- How to say goodbyehelp users manage difficult emotions.
- Pok Pokto help children learn, explore and experiment in a digital playroom.
- Prologueencourage non-verbal communication.
- Rebel girlsto turn tall tales into the discovery of heroic women over time.
- Too good to gohelp reduce food waste in restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets.
- Unpackingcreate puzzles that soothe the soul.
Among these apps and games, there are definitely some that will find a place on your device.
“Coffee maven. Bacon nerd. Infuriatingly humble beer expert. Explorer. Tv guru. General alcohol specialist. Gamer. Proud problem solver.”