For the fourth year in a row, ChristianaCare won a place Newsweek is the best hospital in the worldjoining other global healthcare leaders who have remained consistent in delivering quality patient care, developing innovative technologies and solutions for advanced care, and supporting a highly skilled workforce despite the challenges of a global pandemic.
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare ranks 78th in the U.S. on the annual list of Newsweek and Statista’s best hospitals in the world, with 2,200 hospitals in 27 countries.
ChristianaCare is the only Delaware health system on the list of the best hospitals in the world.
“Our continued record of exceptional safety is the result of our nurses coming every day to provide professional, high-quality care that helps our neighbors stay healthy, stay healthy and improve their well-being,” said Janice E. Nevinas, President and CEO of ChristianaCare. MD, MPH.
“Even in an unprecedented year of challenges, we have continued to innovate and find new ways to serve our community to be exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
Newsweek has also highlighted ChristianaCare for its excellent infection prevention tools.
The lists are based on the following data sources:
- Recommendations from medical experts, including physicians, hospital managers, and healthcare professionals. More than 80,000 medical experts took part in the survey.
- Survey on patient-reported results.
- Data from existing patient surveys are publicly available.
- For U.S. hospitals, the Infection Prevention Measurement, which evaluated hospitals with outpatient outcomes for healthcare-associated infections.
- Key indicators of medical performance in hospitals, including data on the quality of care for specific treatments, data on hygiene measures and patient safety, and data on the number of patients per physician and nurses.
- The Global Council of Medical Experts, which endorsed the ratings.
The Newsweek recognition replicates other quality recognitions ChristianaCare has received in the last 12 months:
- For the second year in a row, ChristianaCare has won the Healthgrades America’s 50’s Best Hospitals Award and is among the top 1% of more than 4,500 hospitals rated nationwide for consistent, annual improvement in clinical performance.
- For the second year in a row, Forbes magazine has rated ChristianaCare as one of the best major health systems available in the United States. ChristianaCare ranks 29th on Forbes’ list of the top 500 major employers in the United States.
- ChristianaCare’s Medical Intensive Care Unit is the first in history to win the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses five times in a row. The Lighthouse Award is one of the highest achievements in the field of nursing.
- For the sixth year in a row, ChristianaCare has received the College of Health Information Management (CHIME) Award for Most Wired, which recognizes the effectiveness of healthcare organizations in using key and advanced technologies to improve health and care in their communities.
- ChristianaCare has been named a recipient of the American Medical Association’s Joy in Medicine ™ Health System Recognition Program. The difference is recognized by health systems that demonstrate a commitment to maintaining the well-being of health care team members and make a proven effort to combat stress and burnout. The American Medical Association has awarded ChristianaCare the “Golden Recognition,” the highest level of the program. Only 44 health systems nationwide have received the Joy in Medicine Award, and only four other health systems, along with ChristianaCare, have received gold recognition.
“Bacon fanatic. Social media enthusiast. Music practitioner. Internet scholar. Incurable travel advocate. Wannabe web junkie. Coffeeaholic. Alcohol fanatic.”