Indian skipper Rohit Sharma played a handy 46 against the Kiwis to move into second position with 311 runs from five matches. Rohit scored at an average of 62.20, helped by a hundred and fifty.
The two Indians are followed at the top by Pakistan batsman Mohammad Rizwan, who has so far amassed 302 runs from five matches at an average of 75.50.
New Zealand’s Rachin Ravindra jumped to fourth place after scoring 75 against India as he amassed 290 runs in five matches at an average of 72.50. He is followed by his compatriot Daryl Mitchell with 268 runs from five matches.
Most run in ICC 2023 World Cup:
- Virat Kohli (IND): 354 runs from 5 matches | HS 103* | Ave 118.00
- Rohit Sharma (IND): 311 runs from 5 matches | HS 131* | Average 62.20
- Mohammad Rizwan (PAK): 302 runs from 5 matches | HS 131* | Average 75.50
- Rachin Ravindra (NZ): 290 runs from 5 matches | HS 123* | Average 72.50
- Daryl Mitchell (NZ): 268 runs from 5 matches | HS 130 | Average 89.33
Among the bowlers, a New Zealand spinner Mitchell Santner he retained the top spot in the wicket-takers of the tournament. Santner has 12 goals in five games.
Indian pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah has jumped to the second spot with 11 wickets from five matches. The India pacer is followed by Sri Lanka’s Dilshan Madushanka, who took a four-for against the Netherlands. Madushanka also has 11 goals like Bumrah.
New Zealand paceman Matt Henry, who has taken 10 wickets in five matches, is fourth in the list, followed by Pakistan’s Shaheen Shah Afridi, who also has 10 wickets in 5 matches.
Most wickets in ICC World Cup 2023:
- Mitchell Santner (NZ): 12 goals in 5 games, ER 4.25
- Jasprit Bumrah (IND): 11 wickets in 5 matches, ER 3.80
- Dilshan Madushanka (SL): 11 goals in 4 games, ER 6.13
- Matt Henry (NZ): 10 goals in 5 games, ER 5.10
- Shaheen Afridi (PAK): 10 goals in 5 matches, ER 5.97
“Internet evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Hardcore entrepreneur. Incurable analyst. Extreme food junkie. Unapologetic tv maven. Reader.”